Most of the provisions of the Employment Rights Act (1996) are covered elsewhere on this site. This section therefore only covers the requirement to provide all new employees with a written statement of particulars of employment which must include:
- The name of the employer and employee;
- The date on which employment commenced;
- The date of which continuous employment commenced.
The statement must also include:
- Rate of remuneration;
- The interval at which this will be paid and how (for example monthly, by credit transfer);
- Terms and Conditions relating to hours of work and any breaks which the employee is entitled to;
- Holiday entitlement;
- Access to pension schemes;
- Place of work;
- Whether the employment is permanent, or if it is on a fixed-term basis;
- Any agreements which may effect the conditions of employment.